This is the page for an invitation-only webinar I’m running for people who are interested in taking their first steps into public speaking at work, user groups, or conferences.
Let me tell ya: How to submit a Talk Proposal
This first webinar is about how you figure out what you want to talk about and where and how to propose the talk.
- How to figure out where to talk
- Figuring out your topic
- Types of talks
- Crafting a proposal
- Submitting your proposal
- Tracking submissions
- Responding to acceptances and rejections
Making the Thing: How to Create a Presentation
The second webinar focuses on how you write a presentation and work through your idea to present it effectively.
- How long is your talk slot and how do you judge your content
- How to do audience analysis
- Learn your own talk process
- Slide deck tips
- Promoting your talk
Practice Makes Better: How to Prepare for Your Show
- Why practice matters
- What counts as practice
- How to get better
- Practical preparations for most situations
- Question time and feedback